Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ho-hum

Not much shaking today unless you're into tedium.
Cleaned and painted the air-cleaner boxes and sorted through some parts.
Installed the battery box, fuse box and solenoid, also finished installing the rear fender, lights and the rear grab bar.  I also learned something, well two somethings actually.  First, I learned that there is a difference between the left rear turn signal mounting bracket and the right rear turn signal bracket.  Second, I learned that I don't have any left rear turn signal brackets.  I learned this because when I was trying to put the grab bar on, I couldn't get it into the proper position.  It was hitting the left turn signal bracket.  At first I kinda panicked a little thinking "oh my God, the frame must be bent."  Why else would it hit on the left and not the right?  I took the grab bar off and laid it on a flat surface hoping that if something was bent it was the bar:  not bent.
Next I looked at trying to fit it under the turn signals: not even close.
Then I noticed the left turn signal was slightly higher than the right...again...is the frame bent?  Finally I see that the brackets are different...did I some how get them on the wrong side?  I only labled one, but that should be enough unless you're stupid, right?  Then I realize that they are not in fact different, they are the same and they shouldn't be.
Oh, well, I put it on crooked for now (it must have been on crooked when I got it and I just didn't notice) and add it to the parts wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment