Tuesday, May 11, 2010

4 little words.

Okay so here's where we are with this little project so far, and I really must say so far it has gone pretty smoothly.  During the disassembly, one snap-ring broke, and I dropped one washer that hasn't turned up yet.  (Where do those things go?)  Everything appears to be usable, if not esthetically pure.  All the chrome parts are rusty and pitted to some extent or another (some actually look as though they will clean up better than I originally thought.  Parts are difficult, but not quite impossible to find.  (Ordered some mirrors today.)  I'll just have to be careful cause a lot of the parts on e-Bay look worse than what I have, which makes me think that if I find replacements I can put my old ones on e-Bay and maybe recoup some of my expenses. 
Anyway here's where I am:

Well there you go...I love a fresh start don't you.  I'm pretty sure the worst is behind me.
I'm still looking for a shop to check out the engine, but the frame is all degreased and sanded and ready for a coat of primer.  Then some paint and then finally the reassembly which should be a piece of cake.  I've sneaked a peek and looked ahead in the manual, and there are only 4 little words left.......
ASSEMBLY IS THE REVERSE!!

Yeah, right...
now where did I put that bolt for the alternator...?

No comments:

Post a Comment