Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The toughest thing

I'm finding the hardest aspect of getting this motorcycle running is finding parts, or someone willing to work on it. Seems most of the reviews I've read about the CB500T state that it wasn't exactly a marvel of modern motorcycle engingeering and I guess maybe that's why it wasn't produced very long and perhaps why parts for this model, new or used, seem so scarce.
I went to the shop I was referred to last week and didn't have much luck. The place was easy enough to find, and the guy running it was a nice enough fellow, (he seemed to be in the early stages of a project of his own, as he had a very rusty early 30's Ford he was turning into a street rod) but I was about a month late getting there. The guy who NOW owns the shop doesn't work on Hondas, or any other type of motorcycle for that matter, and being new tho the area didn't know of anyone who does. He was friendly though, and did take a look at my cyclinders and confirm that they needed work.
I've got two more leads to follow up on now of shops that supposedly do good work and maybe they do machine work and maybe they'll work on a Honda. Sometimes I get the feeling that part of the problem may just be that some of these guys just plain don't like Hondas, or maybe they know I'm not really a "biker"...or maybe I'm just getting frustrated, or paranoid.
At any rate I plan to follow my two new leads this week and hopefully get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment