Friday, July 10, 2009

I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

We went to the beach for a couple of days after I ordered all those parts.  When we pulled into the driveway I was hoping to see a box of motorcycle parts that the UPS guy had dropped off.  Not there.  Well, there really wasn't time for them to have gotten here yet anyway...it was just wishful thinking.

Did I mention that I had found several sites on the Internet (brought to us by...)  Anyway after spending hours looking for parts on line, finding numerous sites that list every single part of the 1976 Honda CB500T right down to the smallest washer, most of which are no longer available through their site, I found one site that stated not all parts they list are available but if they show a price for a part they stock it.  That's where I ordered parts from. 

I didn't have any part when I got home, but I had an e-mail from the site I'd ordered parts from.  Two e-mails as a matter of fact.

The first e-mail listed the parts I had ordered which they couldn't send, because they didn't have them in spite of the fact that they were listed and had prices, and what did I want to do about the rest of the order.  The second e-mail said that since I hadn't responded to the first e-mail they were canceling the whole order.  Not really a big deal because the parts I needed the most were the ones they didn't have anyway.

I found a motorcycle salvage yard in Beaumont, TX which purports to be one of the largest motorcycle salvage yards in the US.  Hopefully they will respond in a more positive fashion to my inquiry as to what pertinent parts they may have in their stockpile.  Meanwhile I'm on hold here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment